What are cookies and how do they work on our site?
Cookies are small bits of text that are downloaded to the devices you use to receive our content, products and services and access online information (“Cookies”). Your browser makes these cookies available every time you visit the website again, so it can recognize you and can then tailor what you see on your device.
- The need to provide the content, product or service which is requested by youSome cookies are essential to help your devices download the information, so you can move around websites and use their features. If these cookies are not in place, the requested content, products or services asked for will not be able to be provided.An example of this would be keeping yourself logged in after you have signed up to an account with us. If the cookies are not provided you will need to log in during each visit.
- Improving your browsing experienceCookies allow the application or website to remember choices you make, such as your language or region.Some examples include but are not limited to the below : –
- Remembering your preferences and settings, including marketing and advertising preferences, such as choosing whether you wish to receive marketing and advertising information.
- Remembering if you’ve filled in a survey, so you’re not asked to do it again.
- Remembering if you’ve been to the application or website before.
- Showing you information that’s relevant to content, products or services that you receive.
- Giving you access to content provided by social-media sites like Facebook, Instagram or Twitter any other social media platforms that we may use subsequently.
- Showing ‘related article’ links that are relevant to the information you’re looking at.
- Measure and analyze aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our users on our site. Information gathered may include but is not limited to the following: activity of the user browser when the user is visiting the site, the site path of users, general information regarding the visitor’s internet service provider and host, and the time users come to the site.
- Record our users’ behavior on our site, such as pages visited, emails clicked, forms completed, and products and services purchased to create customized advertisements and communications that better meet your needs.
- Evaluate user traffic and behavior on the site to compile activity reports.
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our products and services.
- Clicking the words “ACCEPT” in the pop-up banner to accept the use of such Cookies; or
- Dismissing the banner by clicking “X”.
In the event if you do opt out this does not mean you will stop seeing advertisements but will occasionally see advertisements which will not be relevant or targeted to you based on your browsing behavior.
How do I control my cookies and opt out?
- How can I see and manage my cookies in my browser?Virtually all modern browsers allow you to see what cookies you’ve got, and to clear them individually or clear all of them. To find out how to do this, go to aboutcookies.org , which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
- What if I wish to disable my Cookies and opt out?You can opt-out of cookies by utilizing the settings provided in your browser. If you use more devices and/or browsers, you will need to disable cookies on each device and on each browser separately. Here are the locations of the cookie settings for all major web browsers:
- Internet Explorer – Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab.
- Mozilla Firefox – Tools > Options > Privacy menu.
- Safari Users – Edit > Preferences > Privacy menu.
- Chrome Users – Settings > Content Settings > Privacy > Cookies.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information only for so long as is necessary to carry out the purposes set out above. We will not keep your personal information after you delete your user account. It may be necessary to keep your personal information for longer in certain limited circumstances, including where we need it to comply with any legal obligations, including in relation to requests from legal or regulatory authorities or to defend legal claim.
Will this Cookies Policy Change?
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Cookies policy at any time when necessary to reflect changes in our products, how we process personal data, or applicable law. When we make changes, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the policy. If there are material changes to this statement, we will provide notice or obtain consent regarding such changes as may be required by law. We encourage you to review this policy whenever you visit one of our sites.
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or question, you can contact us by sending in your query to email@example.com